Close where the Lakadong Turmeric is grown, there is the cultivation of another rhizome that is marked for its outstanding quality. It is the ginger of the Jaintia hills. The ginger variant of Meghalaya, known as the Ing Makhir is quite distinct from the usual ginger that you get in other parts of the country.
In this variant, the gingerol content is much greater than the ordinary ginger you come across in the market. The authentic Meghalaya ginger root is thus much better in terms of medicinal properties and overall nutrient contents. The ground ginger procured from Jaintia hills is ground in our in-house plant and specially packaged so that the freshness remains intact.
Benefits of Ginger Powder
- Relieves Upset Stomach
- Improves Metabolism: Dry ginger powder contains thermogenic agents that are useful to burn fat. Regular consumption of ginger powder may actually help in boosting your metabolism and burning off the excess fat further helping you lose weight. Make sure to add ginger to your daily diet to aid weight loss.
- Cure for Motion Sickness or Morning Sickness: Ginger powder is an easy solution for motion sickness and morning sickness in pregnant women. Ginger powder mixed with water is highly effective in preventing nausea. It soothes the stomach and gives relief from inflammation.
- Relief from Menstrual Pain
- Perfect Aid for Common Cold: Consuming it with lukewarm water can have immediate effects on cold and flu. You can also mix ginger powder, clove powder and salt and consume it twice a day for relief.
- Prevents acne and pimples: All you need to do is to mix milk and ginger powder and make a smooth paste. Apply it on your face and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. This mask will rejuvenate your skin leaving you with a fresh and youthful glow. You can also make a toner with ginger powder. Boil two teaspoons of ginger powder in four cups of water. Add a few drops of lavender/rosemary essential oil and mix it well. Store it in a glass bottle and refrigerate. It keeps your skin hydrated and reduces dryness.
- Dried ginger powder is commonly used in spices and masalas, curries and stews. Other than adding flavor, adding a pinch of this spice in rajma and chhole masala can help prevent excess gas in the stomach.
- A cup of masala is great for common cold or a sore throat. Mix our cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger powder to make a hot cup of tea.
- Dried ginger powder is used to add flavour to ginger candies that help in treating farting or passing wind.
Food Preference = Vegetarian
Type = Powder
Taste = Tangy Flavour
Variety = Inf Makhir
Name = Sonth Powder, Adrak Powder
Enjoy rich taste and aroma of pure, naturally grown ginger with our ginger powder today.It has a pale yellow colour with a strong and tangy flavour. Team GreeNE sources dry ginger from the farmers in the remote villages in Meghalaya, industrially yet untouched.
There are no reviews yet.